3 Tips to increase traffic
Author: Suzanne Morrison
Summary: getting good backlinks to your website will help to increase the overall
search engine rank of your website. There are lots of well known ways to get
backlinks, including article marketing, directory submission and link exchange, but this
task focuses on getting backlinks from websites that have a high page rank. If you learn the system well and become an expert, you can sell this system as a WSO. How to do it, learn here.
Benefit – If you complete the following steps you will have 3 brand new backlinks to your site from
high page rank websites.
Step by Step Instructions
1) Get a backlink from eHow.com (PR7). EHow is a popular website that teaches people how to
do things. There are lots of categories including business, pets, home & finance, entertaining
• Visit eHow.com and click the “Join Now” button on the top right
• Fill in the form and click “Register Now”
• Login using your username and password and click “Edit Profile”
• Fill in as many details as you want to but make sure that you put your website URL in
the “Web Site” box and also write a sentence or two in the “About Me Box”
• When you fill in the “About Me” box include your website URL with your keywords
in the anchor text e.g.
My name is Suzanne and I live in Scotland. I am the owner of some internet blogs.
• Click the “Save Changes” button and check everything looks ok by clicking the “see
my public profile” button.
2) Get a backlink from Blogger.com (PR8). Blogger is a popular blogging website owned by
Google. This part of the task does not involve setting up a blog, it is simply a way to get a
• If you don’t already have a Google account create one.
• Login to Blogger.com with your Google account
• Click on “Edit Profile”
• There is a space to add our website but this is a nofollow link (not counted as a
backlink). BUT, if you edit the “About Me” section you can add your website and
anchor text and get a backlink. E.g.
My name is Suzanne and I am from Edinburgh. I am the owner of Online Business Ideas.
• Click on “Save Profile”
3) Get a backlink from StatCounter.com (PR8) – statcounter is a popular website tracking tool.
In this method we are going to get a backlink from the statcounter forum.
• Visit the Statcounter Forum and register
• Login and click on your username, then click on “user cpanel“ and then on “edit your
• Enter your website URL in the “Your Home Page” box
• Scroll down and click “Save Changes”
• If you can make a post in the statcounter forum as well this will help to get your
profile page indexed more quickly, but you do not have to do this. If you do, make
sure that your post is useful and either respond to someone’s comment or ask a
question related to statcounter.
If you are not sure what is meant by page rank read What is Google Page Rank?.
In most of these examples your profile will be created on a new page which will have a page rank of
zero, BUT, because these sites are very popular and have high page ranks, over time your link on
that page will be a very high quality backlink.
Traffic Tip #2 – Use Twitter to Get More Traffic
Author: Cynthia Minnaar
Summary: In this task you will Set up a Twitter account if you don’t already have one,
make two updates (Tweets) – one to announce you have just joined Twitter and
another to announce your latest blog post, find 10 people to follow and add your
Twitter login details to your EzineArticles account (if you have one).
Benefit – Twitter is a very quick and easy way to make new friends, brand yourself and to drive more
traffic to your blog or website.
Step by Step Instructions
1) Join Twitter if you are not already a member.
• Visit Twitter.com , click on the green “Join Today” button and complete the details
requested on the “Join The Conversation” form. Then...
• Click the green “Create My Account” button.
• Login to your Twitter account and click on the “Settings” link in the top right hand
corner of your screen.
• Click on the “Account” tab
- Add your full blog or website address (including http://) into the “More Info URL:” .
- Add your url again (without the http:// and put a comma at the end of the url e.g.
www.yourwebsiteurl.com,) into the “One Line Bio:” which will give you a backlink.
- Do not tick the “Protect my Updates” box as you want your updates to be made
- Click Save.
• Click on the “Notices” tab
- Select your options.
- Click Save.
• Click on the “Picture” tab
- Upload your photo by using the browse button to locate your photo on your hard
drive. A window will open, locate your “My Pictures” folder and once you have
located your photo just double click on it.
- Click Save.
• Click on the “Design” tab
- Choose a theme for your Twitter page.
- Click Save.
2) You have now set up your account and are ready to make your first TWEET!
Ideally you should make a Tweet daily and Twitter allows you to do this in under 140
• Click on the Home link at the top of the page.
• In the blank box under “What Are You Doing?” type (in under 140 characters) a
general message to announce you have just joined Twitter and click “Update”.
Congratulations, you have just made your first Tweet.
3) Find People to follow
To get people to follow you on Twitter you need to find people. You can use the search
function under the “Find People” tab as well as joining Tweeter Getter for free and simply
add your Twitter username and password into the form and click “Tweet Now”.
When you receive email notifications that you have a new follower you can just click on the
link in the email and the follower’s Twitter web page will open, login to your Twitter account
using the Login link at the top and click on “Follow” under the photo. Or you can just login
through your own Twitter page and click on “Followers” and click on the “Follow” link under
4) Add Your Twitter Details to Your EzineArticles Profile
If you have an EzineArticles account, login and go to your Profile and fill in your Twitter
Username and Password and every time a new article of yours is approved they will
automatically Tweet it for you.
5) Tweet A Blog Post
If you are going to post a link to your latest blog post or website you will remember that you
are limited to 140 characters for your whole post.
Now decide on a Blog post that you would like to Tweet. Click on the “Home” link in your
Twitter account and under “What Are You Doing?” type in the title of your blog post and
paste the url to the blog post. Don’t be surprised when you see a very strange url – that is
because Twitter automatically uses a website called tinyurl.com to create a short url. Click
on the link and you will see that it goes to your blog.
If you don’t have a blog yet, say a sentence or two about your website and include your
website URL instead.
Congratulations, you have just made your second Tweet telling everyone about your new
blog post with a link to it.
Bear in mind you only have 140 characters to make your post, so if you have a very long blog
url you can always generate a short url first through tinyurl.com/ and then paste the
url generated for you into your post, which will leave you more space for you to add your
title or whatever message you want to add.
That’s the very basics of Twitter – a quick and easy way to brand yourself and drive traffic to
Be sure to include the product name and that this is a review in your blog title and two or three
times throughout your blog post. E.g. “Review of Product XYZ” as many people will search for
reviews of specific products on Google and this will help your review to get ranked in the search
And remember, when soon-to-be buyers are researching a product, they're usually on the verge of
BUYING something. What they're looking for is a mixture of proof and justification. They want their
money to go to good use, but they also want to help themselves internally justify the purchase.
Your job is to just intercept them…and help them make the final decision.
Now go do it!